Hi, friends! Hope everyone had a great Christmas! I’m still refusing to believe the holiday season is over until after the new year, so my Christmas decorations will still be up and I will still be listening to Christmas music and watching Christmas movies (wow, how many times can I say Christmas in one sentence haha?) I missed my “10 Things” series for November, so we have a lot to catch up on!
- I’m so excited, because I got my first professional camera this month (the Canon Rebel T6i)! I decided to take the leap and do this, because I really want to develop my photography skills more this year and I’m also taking an intro to photography class spring semester, so this will be super helpful. I had a fun little photoshoot with my younger cousin, who turned out to be quite a little model haha. (btw, that blue on her hand in the last picture is marker from doing arts and crafts right before, oops)
- With the cold winter months comes movie and tv show marathons snuggled up in bed, so one show I have been loving–Riverdale. I watched all of season 1 in about 2 days, so it’s safe to say I’m obsessed. It’s a mix of mystery, romance, and comedy. So, if you love any of those, chances are you will like this!
- We got some snow this month! It pretty much came out of nowhere, but it was such a fun surprise! I’m really hoping it happens again this winter, because it just brings such a magical feeling–not to mention, it means there’s a chance of school being canceled, which is always fun. And, of course, I had to take advantage of it and take some fun pics in it. Check out my lovely photographer friend, Piper, on instagram who took these pictures!
- I got the book, “52 Lists for Happiness,” well, actually it’s more like a guided journal, but I’m really excited to start doing this each week. I’ve noticed taking the time to write things down feels not only calming, but also rewarding, so new year, new me, I guess!
- I have been absolutely loving dangle earrings lately. I used to not want anything to do with them and only wore studs, but that’s completely changed. They just add so much to an outfit, especially with your hair up. Ones with tassels are my favorite.
- Starbucks runs have kinda become an addiction throughout the past few months, because it just make you feel 10x more cozy with the cold winter weather (or at least that’s the excuse I tell myself). My go-to has been an almond milk latte with 1 pump of peppermint, because it’s way healthier that the peppermint mocha they have on the menu (but still tastes super good)
- This fluffy cardigan has been a lifesaver this winter. I pretty much wear it almost every other day, whoops. It’s literally the sweater version of a cozy blanket, so it’s too hard to resist.
- As some of you guys know, I work at a doggie daycare. Well, cool story, Millie Bobby Brown aka Eleven from Stranger Things, actually brings her dog there when she’s out of town, so there’s a chance I will get to meet her someday, so I’m pretty much hoping each time that I work, that I will run into her!
- Christmas this year was so much fun! I just love the holiday season and everything that comes with it–making gingerbread houses, watching Christmas movies (repeatedly), and spending lots of time with family, of course! A few of my favorite gifts–blush-colored cozy sweaters, blush-colored bkr water bottle, and a blush-colored blanket scarf. So, I’m sure you can notice a trend.
- And last, but not least, I have a fun giveaway going on on my instagram right now, so make sure to check it out before it ends on December 31! I also may or may not have another going up on January 1 as a fun little start to the new year, so stay tuned! 🙂
Thanks for reading!! I love doing this little series and I’d love to hear how your December went!!